Automobile sales were slightly high in India in October ahead of the festive season. To add more cheer to the market there are important launches scheduled for November with the latest cars in 2018. These include made in India premium SUV and a popular MPV – namely the Mahindra Alturas and the new edition of the popular Maruti Ertiga. Luxury car maker Rolls Royce will also launch the world’s priciest SUV.
Mahindra Alturas – Latest cars 2018
includes Mahindra Alturas SUV launch – Slated to happen on Nov 24th, the Alturas previously called XUV 700 is a replacement for the Ssang Yong Rexton SUV. Designed as Mahindra’s flagship automobile it is placed above the XUV 700. Though somewhat similar to the new Rexton the front grille has the usual Mahindra styling. Like the previous model, it has a rugged ladder on frame construction. Previously designated variously as the Mahindra XUV 700 and the Mahindra Inferno the company finally decided on Alturas. It will be available in two variants –
- G2 with 2WD and G4 with 4 wheel drive.
- The engine will consist of a 2.2-liter diesel engine which develops 180 HP and 450 Nm of torque.
- G2 will have rear wheel drive, LED daytime running lights, 18-inch alloy wheels, 9.2-inch touchscreen infotainment system with support for both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
- G4 will have four-wheel drive and sunroof in addition to features of G2.
– Among latest cars 2018 Maruti is all set to launch on Nov 21 of the second edition of Maruti’s popular MPV which is based on Suzuki’s new HEARTECT platform. It is made of high tensile steel and is lightweight but rigid with better safety.
- The new Ertiga will sport a brand new grille and LED headlamps along with daytime running lights.
- The facelift version is larger than its predecessor. There is more cabin space and third-row passengers will be more comfortable.
- The engine will be a brand new 1.5-liter petrol version producing 103 HP and 138 Nm of torque. It is the same petrol engine used in the new Ciaz.
- The diesel version will use Maruti’s 1.3-liter workhorse sourced from Fiat.
- The gearbox options are 5-speed manual or 4 speed automatic.
- There will be standard safety features such as dual airbags, ABS, electronic brake force distribution.
- It includes a 6.8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with support for both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
- All variants will have a reverse parking sensor and LED headlamps.
Rolls Royce Cullinan
– The luxury car maker will launch its first ever SUV named the Cullinan in India in November (date unknown) at an estimated price tag of INR 5 crores. It is the world’s most expensive SUV ever made and the most expensive among the latest cars in 2018.
- The SUV is based on the same car platform as Phantom VIII. Cullinan is the first all-wheel drive made by Rolls Royce.
- It will be powered by a 6.75-liter turbocharged V12 engine developing 571 HP and 850 Nm of torque.
- The powertrain consists of 8-speed automatic gearbox.
- The massive 2.6-tonne vehicle can max out at 260 km/h and goes from 1 – 100 km/h at a blistering 5.2 seconds.