If you care for your car as much as the majority of people do, you’ll want to look after it. To keep your car in decent order, here are few easy maintenance and cleaning tips.
Preventive maintenance is beneficial.
The majority of your car’s repairs should be performed by a professional, skilled mechanic with the necessary experience and equipment. You can still keep an eye on what’s going on under the hood. Your car’s owner’s manual will have a repair plan for your particular make and model. To help avoid problems – and prolong the longevity of your engine – you should even perform the following basic tests and procedures:
- Oil and oil filter should be changed on a daily basis. Your car’s owner’s manual will tell you how much you can check the oil, so a reasonable rule of thumb is every 3,000 or 4,000 miles. If you adjust the oil and filter yourself, make sure the used oil is properly disposed of.
- Examine both of the fluids. Brake, power steering, transmission, transaxle, windshield washer, and antifreeze fluids are also used. The instructions in your owner’s manual will show you how to do this.
- At least once a month, check the air pressure in your tyres. The optimum air pressure for your tyre should be specified in your owner’s manual.
- Be certain that all of your lamps are in working order. Headlights, turn signals, brake lights, and taillights are also used.
- Wiper blades can be replaced on a regular basis. It’s time to repair your wiper blades if they’re cracked or torn, or if they start streaking.
- Examine the engine belts. They should be free of gaps and broken pieces.
- Make sure the air filter is clean. The filter should not be clogged or impaired, and it should be clean.